WHAT TYPE OF INFORMATION DOES Daystar COLLECT?
We collect three types of information about users: (1) “Personal Information” (such as name, email address, IP address, phone number, physical address, mailing or shipping address, billing address, age, gender, educational history, employment history, resume, credit card, check or other payment processing (such as Masterpass or PayPal), social media user name or ID, prayer or praise information, computer/device and other similar personally identifiable information); (2) “De-Identified Information” (such as statistical information on Site usage and data and technical requirements); and (3) “Aggregate Information” (such as information about how many users log on or call to the Site on a daily basis):
- Personal Information is collected online when users voluntarily submit non-public personal information by signing up for our newsletter, submitting prayer requests or praise reports, seeking employment, making donations or pledges, purchasing books or other items using our shopping cart, sending or receiving electronic notices or other similar communications on the Services. Only your IP address would be collected automatically when you access the Site or the Services for purposes of enhancing your Site browsing via cookies or standard settings. Your Personal Information will be retained for fulfillment of the intended purposes for which such Personal Information is collected.
- De-Identified Information is collected online information in which all personal and individually identifiable identifiers have been removed by Daystar. De-Identified Information is used in a collective manner for analyses and statistics in order to improve the Services. De-Identified Information does not personally identify a specific user or such user’s geographic location.
- Aggregate Information is non-personally identifiable (or anonymous) information about you, such as pages most frequently accessed by you. Aggregate Information is used in a collective manner, and no single person can be identified by that compiled information (for example, the number of people who logged into the Site in a particular day). Aggregate Information does not personally identify a specific user.
We will establish minimum and maximum retention periods based upon the type of information collected (i.e. sensitivity), the intended purposes and as otherwise may be legally required.
HOW DOES Daystar SECURE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- We employ internal access controls to ensure that the only people who see your Personal Information are those with a need to do so to perform their official duties.
- We train relevant personnel on our privacy and security measures and applicable legal requirements.
- We physically secure the areas where we hold hard copies (if any) of the Personal Information that we collect or process.
- We use technical controls to secure the Personal Information that we collect, as appropriate, including but not limited to: encryption, firewalls, and password protections.
- We periodically test our security procedures to ensure personnel and technical compliance.
- We disclose the minimum amount of Personal Information as necessary for the particular purpose in compliance with applicable law.
Although we make good faith efforts to store the Personal Information we collect in a secure operating environment that is not accessible to unauthorized users, we cannot guarantee 100% complete security.
HOW DOES DAYSTAR COMPLY WITH APPLICABLE PRIVACY LAWS IN COLLECTING PERSONAL INFORMATION?
As further explained in the “Contact Information” section below, we encourage you to contact us should you have a privacy-related concern.
The Site may utilize a standard technology called a “cookie” to collect information about how the Site is used. A “cookie” is a small text file placed on your hard drive by our web page server. These cookies do not collect Personal Information, only Aggregate Information.
We do not combine Aggregate Information collected through cookies with other Personal Information to determine who you are or your e-mail or IP address. The Site can access the Aggregate Information only from a cookie sent by the Site. We cannot access other cookies sent by other website or the information contained in those other websites. Additionally, we cannot learn your email or IP address through the use of a cookie.
If you are accessing the Sites from outside the United States, you will be prompted to consent to the collection of information via a cookie before full access will be granted. You will only be asked to opt-in upon your initial visit to those portions of the Site only. By clicking “I accept”, you consent to the collection of information via a cookie. However, if you decline, you may not be able to view or access all page or feature of the Sites (such as the check out for your shopping cart from our online Shop) and your browser may not work properly or your ability to use certain Site features will be impacted.
Daystar also may use a unique assigned number located with the Site’s URL to determine each web site from which you navigated to get to the Site. While this number may not be apparent to you, it does not contain your Personal Information.
We also use clear gifs in our HTML-based emails to let us know which emails have been opened by recipients. This allows us to gauge the effectiveness of certain communications and the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
HOW DOES Daystar USE PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Your privacy is important to us. We will use the Personal Information provided by you in accordance with good commercial practice and applicable law. If you provide us with your e-mail address (or have done so in the past), we will send notifications, newsletters or e-mail confirmations to you for the stated purposes of collecting such email address. Your email will be used for notifications or newsletters only. Daystar does not share your public email address with others in its public forums.
Daystar collects your Personal Information at a variety of points, including when you place an order (which may require you to provide personal information, including a credit card number), request services, or take part in other activities on the Sites. For example, we often ask for your Personal Information when you are conferring with one of our customer support technicians, making a donation or pledge, or purchasing a product. During these interactions, we will collect Personal Information relevant to your transacting with Daystar, such as your name, phone number, mailing address, e-mail address, shipping address, and credit card information, along with information about the Daystar products or services selected by you. We use this information for billing purposes and to fill your orders or pledges. If we have trouble processing an order, we will use this information to contact you. When you submit a request, you will be provided with an option to opt-in to receiving promotional information on our products and services. We will not use your Personal Information for any purpose other than what you have intended it. Please be aware that, if you prefer not to provide us with your Personal Information, since such information may be necessary for us to provide certain services, we may not be able to, or may choose not to, make such services available to you. By providing Personal Information using the Site or the Services, you warrant to Daystar that your Personal Information is reliable for its intended uses, accurate, complete and correct, and that you will promptly notify use if such Personal Information is no longer current or correct.
We also may use your Personal Information collected via the Site and each Android App connected to the Site in the performance of all Services in order to provide, maintain and improve our Services as well as to develop new products and services to be offered as part of the Services. For example, we use Personal Information to analyze data, to improve our product algorithms and databases and to tune our outputs based on a particular individual’s patterns of usage of our Services.
With respect to particular topics found on the Sites, Daystar uses Personal Information submitted by you for the following purposes:
- LIVE STREAM – Your email address is required to answer technical issues
- JOBS – Applying online for jobs requires submission of your gender, name, address, email, phone, employment and education history, and resume, and such information is used by Daystar’s human resources department in order to process your employment request.
- NEWSLETTER – Your email address is required in order to provide our newsletters directly to you.
- PRAYER REQUESTS/PRAISE REPORTS – Each prayer request and praise report submission requires your name, phone number, email address and prayer/praise information; “Share Your Story” feature also requires your age and photos (optional). Prayer requests and praise reports are used by the ministry teams of Daystar and its Partners in Action in order to answer you.
- DONATIONS/GIVING – Donations or pledges require your name, email, phone, address and credit card or check information or PayPal. This Personal Information will be used by Daystar and its Partners in Action in order to process such donation or pledges to the particular ministry selected or identified by you (or, if undesignated, for general ministries offered by Daystar and its Partners in Action worldwide.
- SHOP – Our merchandise shopping cart requires your name, address, email, phone and credit card information or Masterpass. This Personal Information will be used to process your purchase (including payment) and deliver the ordered items to you.
- SOCIAL MEDIA – If you wish to participate in the social media sites linked to the Sites (such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YoutTube, and Google +), we will be given your social media user account name as well as access and viewing of your social media account and postings.
DOES Daystar SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION WITH OTHERS?
We reserve the right to assign or transfer your Personal Information to any successor in interest to our organization associated with the Site or the Services by merger, reorganization, sale of all or substantially all of our assets or equity interests or operation of law. We also may divulge Personal Information if such information is required for us to comply with any valid legal process, such as a subpoena, search warrant, statute or court order, or if we reasonably believe that you have commit unlawful acts or acts that may endanger the health or safety of another user or of the general public. You will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on the Sites of any change in ownership or uses of your Personal Information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
DO I HAVE THE CHOICE TO OPT-IN OR OPT-OUT OF ANY USES OF MY PERSONAL INFORMATION?
Daystar provides its Site users with an easy means to opt-in and/or decline receiving notifications, newsletters or offers by email. We recognize the importance of providing you with the choice to “opt-in.” You can control the number of notifications sent by email by your election when you submit a request or otherwise notifying Daystar or its Partners in Action. If you prefer, you also can “opt-out” of receiving any email notifications by contacting our Privacy Officer at the Contact Address below. All e-mail offers sent by Daystar will inform you as to how you can “opt-out” or decline receiving further e-mail offers. However, with respect to any Personal Information that is sensitive in nature, we will require you to “opt-in” to having such Personal Information used or shared by Daystar.
Please note that there are no automated decision-making that is made on a solely algorithmic basis with respect to your Personal Information.
You are provided the option to opt-out within each e-mail or newsletter. If you no longer wish to receive Daystar communications, you may “unsubscribe” from our email or mailing program at any time in the following ways:
- By clicking on the auto-unsubscribe link included in each e-mail
- By contacting our customer support at the email, mailing address and/or phone numbers shown in “Contact Us” tabs of the Site.
We will then update our database and take reasonable measures so that no further promotional correspondence should be sent to the e-mail or mail address. You will be opted out of further communications within ten (10) business days. You may, however, still receive transactional messages related to any purchases, donations or pledges.
With respect to transactional messages, Daystar will send required notifications via email and/or mail in order to inform you as to the status of your orders, requests, donations or pledges. This service is used for messages that are important for the performance of the Services. When you make such orders, requests, donations or pledges, we require an email and/or mail address for completion of the transaction and such address will be used for these communications. In order to stop receiving these notifications, please contact our customer support at the email, mailing address and/or phone numbers shown in “Contact Us” tabs of the Site.
Daystar has made available the public forums on the Site so that you may have an opportunity to interact with other Site visitors in order to share knowledge and news or participate in social media postings or community activities. Since participation in such forums is voluntary, you control what Personal Information may be disclosed to others. In order to avoid your email address or other Personal Information from being gathered and used by others for unsolicited, inappropriate or harmful purposes, Daystar advises that you should be cautious about posting your email address or phone number or other personal information in any public forums, and you do so at your own discretion and risk. Daystar is not responsible and shall not be held liable for information and Personal Information posted in the public forums.
CAN I MAKE CORRECTIONS OR REVOKE CONSENT TO PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED ONLINE?
Daystar carefully maintains our customer database in an effort to keep your Personal Information accurate for the purposes for which it is used. It is your right to be able to update your Personal Information as needed. It also is your right to view your Personal Information and access an overview of how it is processed by Daystar. You can correct out-of-date information, update information, remove information, delete your Personal Information, or review any information previously provided to Daystar or its Partners in Action by contacting our Privacy Officer at the Contact Address below. By maintaining an accurate donor/customer database, we are able to send notifications via e-mail to keep you informed about the status of your orders, donations or requests and to provide newsletters and technical notices.
You may request to view the Personal Information collected about you through your use of the Site operated by Daystar by sending an e-mail to our Privacy Officer at the Contact Address below. If you send your request by email, we will likely send such Personal Information (or a summary thereof) to your email address on file in our database, or we will send the Personal Information to you in another secure manner. You have the right to obtain a portable copy of the stored date on your Personal Information. If at any time you wish to change, correct or update your Personal Information, or have it removed from our database, you may do so by accessing your user account on the Site. You also may submit a change request to our Privacy Officer by sending an email to the Contact Address below.
Changes will be implemented within 10 business days. We will also respond to access to Personal Information within 10 business days. Please note, however, that we may retain your Personal Information for as long as your request or order is active, as needed to provide the Services requested by you and your Personal Information also may be retained in our archives. We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements. Please contact us if you wish to cancel your request or order or if you no longer wish to receive the Services. When contacting our customer support or our Privacy Officer, we will verify your identification through the use of security questions before sharing any Personal Information as it appears in our customer database.
We have designated our Privacy Officer, who can be contacted at the following address (“Contact Address”):
Word of God Fellowship, Inc.
dba Daystar Television Network
3901 Hwy 121
Bedford, TX 76021
DOES Daystar COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION FROM CHILDREN?
Daystar does not knowingly solicit data from children or knowingly market to children. Daystar is concerned about the safety of children and their use of the Internet. Therefore, in accordance with the U.S. Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998, we do not knowingly request or solicit personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 13 without prior verifiable parental consent. In the event that we receive actual knowledge that we have collected such Personal Information without the requisite and verifiable parental consent, we will delete that information from our database as quickly as is reasonably practical.
WHAT ABOUT PRIVACY ON INTERNET WEBSITES LINKED TO THE SITE?