Last week on Marcus and Joni, we welcomed special guest Cherie Calbom, aka the Juice Lady, to the show to share some fantastic, healthy recipes with us!
Cherie Calbom is a leading authority on juicing for health and detoxification. Known as The Juice Lady, TV chef on Beyond Organic, and celebrity nutritionist, she has helped in pioneering the fresh juice movement around the world. Cherie is author of 26 books including The Juice Lady’s Anti-Inflammation Diet, The Juice Lady’s Big Book of Juices and Green Smoothies and Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life.
Cherie has helped thousands of people restore their health through her juicing and cleansing programs. She has worked as a nutritionist with George Foreman and Richard Simmons, and has appeared on numerous radio and TV shows and in scores of magazine articles. Cherie combines prayer for healing with nutrition in a whole person approach to healing and wholeness.
One recipe she shared was for a delicious and healthy juice called Happy Mood Morning. The juice included:
- Carrots [A great source of beta-carotene; promotes healthy eyes.]
- Apple [Rich in soluble fiber, which is linked with lower buildup of plaque in the arteries.]
- Ginger [Contains anti-inflammatory properties.]
- Lemon [Rich in vitamin C, helps fight against infections, and has antibacterial properties.]
- Cucumber [Has anti-wrinkle properties.]
- Celery [Has calming properties.]
- Kale [A great source of calcium; promotes strong and healthy bones.]
As Christians, we are called to treat our bodies as temples (1 Cor. 6:19) and one way of doing so is to make our health a priority. Juicing is a great way to get extra vitamins and nutrients to our bodies in a quick and delicious way – try out the recipe above and let us know what you think in the comments below!
For more information on Cherie Calbom, visit www.juiceladyinfo.com.
Pictures from the Show
Cherie Calbom on Daystar On Demand
If you missed Cherie Calbom on Marcus and Joni, you can catch the episode right here on Daystar On Demand!