With the Daystar Israel Tour coming up in November and the first payment deadline for the trip quickly approaching on July 23rd, we thought it would be a great time to share some fun ways that you can raise extra money for your trip fund!
- Host a yard sale. Do you have a lot of stuff lying around your house that you don’t use anymore? Why not sell some of it off by hosting a yard sale? One great way to increase your profits is to sell items for friends too! They can either donate towards your cause, or allow you to sell for a commission. For more valuable items, consider taking your yard sale online – try selling items on sites such as Craigslist, EBay or Facebook Marketplace.
- Create a GoFundMe campaign. This is a great way to raise money for a particular cause – just create an account, tell your friends and family, and start raising support! Once you start your campaign, you can promote it daily on Facebook and reach friends all over the world with your mission!
- Send support letters. Visiting Israel and walking in the footsteps of Jesus is certainly a trip your friends and family would want to support – why not send letters to let people know what you are up to and ask if they’d like to support your trip. To make things even easier, we have a sample letter for you right at the bottom of this page. Feel free to use it!
- Sell crafts or small projects. If you’re a creative person, offer to sew, paint or create something for your friends and family – people love handmade items, and many would be willing to pay for something like this! Here are a few examples of crafts you could make with links to the instructions on how to make them: Coffee Mugs, Fun Headbands and Ball Jar Candles.
- Do yardwork for neighbors. This is a great way to earn some extra money using equipment you already own! Offer to mow grass, trim trees, plant flowers, or do other yard work for friends, family, and neighbors. Be sure to let them know that the funds you earn will be paying for a trip to Israel!
- Pet sitting or house sitting. We’re right in the middle of summer vacation season, so this is perfect! Do your friends, family or neighbors have pets? Offer to pet sit for them when they go out of town. People are always looking for quality sitters to take care of their pets, which means this will help them as much as it helps you!
- Host a bake sale. See if your church or workplace would allow you to set up a small bake sale, and sell fresh baked goods to your co-workers or church members – everyone loves goodies!
To learn more about the Daystar Israel Tour, visit Daystar.com/IsraelTour. We are so excited about the upcoming tour, and hope that you can all join us for the trip of a lifetime in Israel this November!
Sample Support Letter for Israel Trip
Dear Friends and Family,
This November I will be embarking on a pilgrimage to Israel to walk in the footsteps of Jesus and visit the land of the Bible. I am so excited to have the opportunity to journey through the Holy Land, and I pray that the experience will help me draw closer to God and fill me with new purpose and passion for the Lord.
I ask that you would be praying for me as I prepare both spiritually and physically for this journey. Pray that my eyes and ears would be open and my heart would be ready to receive from the Lord! If you’d like to help by supporting my trip financially, I would be so grateful – any amount you can give would be helpful and appreciated!
Thank you for your support and prayers!