Address: In Touch Ministries, P.O. Box 48900, Atlanta, GA 30362-1900
Dr. Charles Stanley is the senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta and founder of In Touch Ministries, both located in Atlanta, Georgia. Modeling his ministry after the apostle Paul’s message to the Ephesians, Dr. Stanley believes that, “Life is worth nothing unless I use it for doing the work assigned me by the Lord Jesus–the work of telling others the Good News about God’s mighty kindness and love” (Acts 20:24).
A New York Times best-selling author of more than 50 books, Dr. Stanley’s latest work, The Ultimate Conversation (Howard Books / September 4th / 9781439190654) will release Sept. 4, 2012. Focusing on the power of prayer, Dr. Stanley urges readers to fully embrace the practice of having daily, genuine conversations with God to truly transform their lives.
“I want to encourage you to seek the Lord and go to the throne of grace more frequently, with greater intensity and focus,” writes Dr. Stanley. “It is at His throne that you will discover life at its very best—a life characterized and enriched by a growing, vibrant relationship with the Lord God Almighty, the Great Problem Solver.”
A two-term president of the Southern Baptist Convention and senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta for more than 40 years, Dr. Stanley will celebrate his 80th birthday, his 55th anniversary as a pastor, and the 35th anniversary of In Touch Ministries in 2012.
Dr. Stanley’s teachings can be heard weekly at First Baptist Church Atlanta, daily on “In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley” radio and television broadcasts around the world, through In Touch magazine and in the more than 50 books he’s authored throughout the past 35 years.
- Serves as senior pastor of First Baptist Church Atlanta
- New York Times best-selling author of more than 50 books, including the forthcoming title The Ultimate Conversation (Howard Books / September 4th / 9781439190654)
- Celebrating 80 years of life, 55 years of ministry, and 35 years of In Touch Ministries in 2012
- In Touch magazine is mailed to more than one million subscribers every month
- Founder and president of In Touch Ministries and host of “In Touch with Dr. Charles Stanley,” viewed domestically by more than 10 million households and heard on television and radio broadcasts worldwide.